Thursday, March 26, 2009

My water faucets

I am in my wheelie all day. When it's nice outside I like to get out and try to garden a little. Even though its very hard to be in a wheelchair, I do try.
When my husband started fixing up the front yard for me, I asked him if he could put the water faucet a bit higher from me. It was kinda hard to get to it, where it was at. So he did...... not only did he do one for me but he did four in the front yard to make it easier for me. I told a phriend Jeannie that I would be posting some pics of the faucets. One is partly decorated and 3 still need to be decorated.

PhotobucketThis is how the un-decorated one looks like. What he did is make the water tubing high to where I could reach the faucet. Then he put a PVC pipe to go down all the way to the ground, which left the water faucet in the middle of the PVC. Then he put cement to hold it up and make it nice and sturdy.
Photobucket Here is another un-decorated one.
Photobucket Now this is the partial decorated one. I bought these glass pieces at Micheals and my older son Jose, put them on for me. We still need to put the grout on and I have to figure out how I will do the top part.

Photobucket This is the same one as above, as you can see the top part is not decorated yet. And I would also like to cover up the part of the pipe that is showing on top.

The glass that I bought at Micheals is very expensive. I am still trying to see how I can do the others. I do have some of those round glass stones that look like marbles, they are in different colors. They are usually used for plants or for stepping stones. I might use some of them for the other faucets. Not sure yet!

Well Jeannie, I know these are not pics of the pool... but I thought maybe I could distract your mind with something else :), LOL

Thanks for reading hope you are all having a wonderful day



Photobucket
Cathy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I like that glass work..It looks cool:))
Jeannie will have to get over that pool...
Hope you are able to get out and enjoy the nice weather..I love to be outside when it is nice:)
Missed you in chat..Sleep good:)
Hugs Y besos,
Jen (Pollita)

Jeannie said...

oh cathy... i LOVE it! it is so pretty and colorful. your hubby must be a real sweetheart to do that for you... i like the idea of using the flat marbles too... why don't you stop at a few garage sales or junk stores & get some plates to break & use for one of the pipes? post more pictures (gotta see the progress on that pool!) hugs from jeannieTX

Jeannie said...

oops! i meant your husband must be a real sweetheart to fix the faucets so you can reach them... not that HE made the mosaic too! take care. jeannie

The Truth said...

Catalina! Your faucet is Bee-You-Tee-Ful!

Anonymous said...

Cathy, your hubby did a great job and the decorations look really neat. Hubby is a good guy but not very talented on special little jobs.LOL!!

We had a lady by today to trim our apple and apricot trees she said in 2 year we should have fruit. Yay

Stay busy Cathy. Oh and how are you feeling this week??

Bonnie from NV