Sunday, March 29, 2009

Remebering childhood Easters

Photobucket

I was remebering one of my childhood Easter Sunday, last night. I remember my mom would make our Easter dresses.... Martha's, Peregrina's and mine. And they were the same color and the same design all the time. I don't remember how long it would take her to make them, but we always had our dresses in time. As a matter of fact she made our dresses all the time.

On Easter Sunday we would go to Mass then come home and either prepare to go to a park or have Easter at home. Our home had a big front yard, so we had plenty of room for our Easter egg hunt. I was thinking back and remembering how much fun we had. Even though we were dirt poor, my mom with older sisters help always made the best of it.
I have somewhere (I don't know where right now. but somewhere) LOL. A pic of when I was like maybe 3 yrs old. And it was taken in our front yard at Easter time. I will look for it :)

Anyway in the meantime here is a picture of my mom and dad. My dad didn't like taking pictures that's why he is not looking straight at the camera. My older sisters tell me that it was very hard to convience dad to actually sit in front of the camera and agree to take the pic. He was a very strict and serious person, so no smile from him. I think my mom was so beautiful. I still miss her, I miss them both.
Photobucket



This is a picture of all my brothers and sisters, all my sisters except one is here in pic. My younger sister is the one right next to my mom and I am in front of my dad. My sister Peregrina and I are wearing our Easter dresses, that mom made for us one year. I have other pics of when we were younger, but they are put away somehwere. These two that I posted are ones that I keep in frames on top of our fireplace. These two pictures were taken sometime after Easter. I think I was about 6 or 7 yrs old.
Photobucket


I hope you all have a good day and thanks for reading.


Photobucket
Cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great memories:))
Man..you have a huge family...Are all of your siblings still living??

Thx for sharing...Enjoyed the pics..and the story made me smile:))
Hope you have a good week:))
Hugs Y besos...
Jen

Jeannie said...

Oh Cathy, What a little cutie pie you were! (and you're still a cutie-patootie!)... your family sounds like it was a very loving household... and your dad LOOKS strict. Reminded me of Easters from my childhood. Take care (and keep on digging that pool). Jeannie