Wednesday, March 4, 2009

How do I entertain them?

My son brought my grandkids Trinity and Domenic over Monday morning. My husband then took us all to eat lunch. After we were done with lunch we were supposed to go to Home Depot to buy some things, but we didn't my husband had to go clean a vacant lot that we have, before it started raining again. So he dropped us off at home. My grandkids wanted to watch a movie so I told them to pick one out! They wanted to watch one that was in my son Carlos' TV, which is in his room. But Trinity couldn't find the remote to take the movie out, and I couldn't get into his room to try and look for it. Of course they were disapointed. I told them to look for another one.
Trintiy comes to me with a box in her hands, she says, Gramma can we watch this one?

Photobucket

OMG, I said of course you can!!! Now I bought these at Walmart, ohhhhh about the beginning of December last year. I remember they were showing them at Walmart that day and no one was watching them but me :) It just brought back my childhood memories.
This box contians 12 dvd's and has about 60hrs of cartoons and they had it for $6.99. I said hey this is a good price! Well I had forgotten all about it until Trinity brought it out. I put the first one in. They just loved it! I had them entertained for a couple of hours.
Tuesday they came again and the first thing they asked me was, Gramma can we watch more cartoons? I was so happy that they enjoyed these cartoons as much as I did when I was a child! I was even watching a few with them, LOL
Here are some of the ones that come in this dvd collection.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket There are other ones that I did not find pics of. I really do recommed these.

And I know now that when they get tired of playing outside, they can always come inside and watch these cartoons :)

Thanks for reading have a nice night!

Photobucket

Cathy


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two great minds think alike. I bought Caleb my 3 1/2 yr old grandson the same thing from Santa. He is so stuck on Popye, that's all he talks about. But he too keeps playing the cartoons over and over again.

What a good grandma.

Bonnie in NV

Colleen said...

I really think the classic cartoons are waaaaaay better than what kids watch today!! If I ever get to visit you, can I watch it too?? LOL!

Hugs,
Colleen :)

Anonymous said...

LOL Cathy..I am glad you were able to entertain them..I love Betty Boop..Thats what some patients use to call me...LOL
Yes these new cartoons are crazy...LOL I am happy you are spending time with the Grandkids :))
Hugs Y Besos,
Jen
BTW..There is no telling what movie Carlos had in his Tv...LOL Cartoons were a great choice;))

Annette said...

I LOVED those old cartoons! Sometimes, when I was teaching first grade, and we would have one too many inside recess days, I'll pull out an old VHS with some of those old cartoons on it! The kids LOVED them!!
Annette