Friday, April 10, 2009

Breakfast anyone?

I've been kinda lazy when it comes to my blog now. Sometimes I don't know what to write about. So I just wait and wait and wait, LOL Hoping something will pop into my BIG head!

This morning I got up at around 6:30 am, haven't been able to sleep these past few days. Anyway I took a shower and got myself ready and headed for the mraket. I needed a few things and figured, I might as well go. I made a list of the things that I needed. Small list as I can only carry so much with me, being in my wheelie. On my way over there, all of a sudden I started thinking about chilaquiles " Chee-lah-KEE-less". So I decided that's what I would have for breakfast. All I needed for the chilaquiles were the tortillas. I bought those and the few other things that I had already planned to buy. I came home and made my delicious chilaquiles.. YUMyyyyy. Chilaquiles are basically, corn stale tortilla pieces that are fried, cooked in salsa (hot or mild), and sprinkled with cotija cheese. It is basically a breakfast dish, they can be garnished with chopped cilantro and onion. And sometimes served with eggs and refried beans. I like to eat mine with a piece of bread. The salsa for the chilaquiles is usually homemade, but I cheated today and I used a can of el pato sauce
Photobucket and a can ofPhotobucket tomato sauce. :) They still come out good!

Anyway this is what chilaquiles look like
Photobucket Enjoy!!
BTW....I sure do hope that everyone has a very nice Happy Easter:)

Photobucket
Cathy


4 comments:

MarciaB said...

yum!

Anonymous said...

Man..I love chilaqilas...but without eggs..I love them with refritos and queso blanco:)) yummy:)) Never made them at home...LOL..maybe try it one day soon;)
love , hugs Y besos,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Sounds good Cathy. Hubby loves to bar-b-que with pato sauce.

Hope you have a terrific Easter and enjoy your family.

Bonnie

Jeannie said...

Hi Cathy... Looks YUMMY! Maybe while you're here we can have a brunch and you'll prepare some of your specialties. I have a neighbor who loves to cook... she will have a million questions for you! Happy Easter from Texas... Jeannie