Monday, August 25, 2008

1-2-3 Bald

Well, yesterday was the day. I few weeks back I had mentioned to a few of my phriends in chat that if my sister Martha lost her hair because of Chemo. That to show her my support I was going to bald myself. Well I would call her once or twice a week to ask her how she was doing and at the same time I would ask, how's the hair? She would tell me its falling off little at a time. Another time she told me, I'm going to go get fitted for a wig. So yesterday I called her and I asked her how she was doing, she said I'm good, I'm eating almost anything right now. I asked her if she wanted to come over for a late lunch. And by the way, How's the hair? She tells me it was all falling of so she had her son shave it off. Then we decided on 1:00pm at my house.
I said OK Catalina today is the day. I called my neighbor and asked her if her husband could do it for me, she said yes that they were going to mass and would be back about 1:00pm.. Oh darn it! what I'm I going to tell me sis? When I leave to the neighbors house. My sister arrives, sporting her new wig. (looks just like her own hair) I tell her, hey that looks just like your own hair, it looks good! Then I tell her can I see? She takes of her wig and shows me her beautiful bald head.
I tried very hard to keep my tears with me and I did!
My other sister Peregrina calls me and asked, did you do it yet? Oh gosh my sister Martha is sitting right by me. I couldn't think of what to tell my sister Peregrina, so that my sister Martha wouldn't find out what we were up to. So I say, well come on over but I have to go real quick to my neighbors house, to translate a paper for her. After beating around the bush my sister Peregrina finally gets it, and tells me OK I'm going to do it right now also and be right over.
My neighbor finally calls and tells me We're home are you ready? I said yes, I will be right over! I tell mys sister Martha, I'm going to go translate a paper real quick for my neighbor I will be right back, she says OK. So off I go in my wheelchair and I arrive and my neighbor asks are you sure, and I start laughing, and say yeah I'm sure. So her husband starts buzzing it all off. Before I could count to ten he was all done. I put on a pretty bandanna, scarf thing on my head and my hat. I go home and I tell my sister, come on beautiful sis lets take some pics outside with your new wig. My son grabs a chair for her and she sits right by me. As my son is getting read to take the pic I take off my hat and scarf and my sister just starts cracking up! She tells me what did you do! I tell her I shaved my head for you, cause I love you and I wanted to show you my support! She hugs me and we take pics. My other sis finally arrives and takes off her hat also and my sister Martha is just laughing and laughing, we take more pics.
We eat lunch and then take more pics. All along my sister Martha is just cracking up. ( you know ever since I can remember I have not seen her ever cry in front of us, she is really strong).
Both my sisters leave and then I tell me son Carlos to drive me to my son Jose's house to pick up some discs of pics from my ol PC, so off we go. when we arrive I call my son and tell him can you bring the discs out we are here. (I had my scarf on) He comes out and looks at me and says, you really did it, didn't you. I tell him I told you I was. He says can I see? I take off my scarf and he starts laughing, LOL. I tell him wheres is Trinity (my granddaughter) and Domenic ( my grandson). He goes and calls them, Trini comes out first and says, grandma what did you do to your hair? I tell her I cut it all off. I tell her rub my head for good luck, LOL , she does. In the meantime there comes Domenic running out to see me. He was at about 5 feet away from me and makes a complete halt! As soon as he saw my head, he stayed away :( He didn't want to come near me at all, we kept telling him to come give gramma a kiss and hug and he says I don want to. (he is 5 yrs old). I could see him from the corner of my eye he would look at me then look down. But he would not budge! Oh well :( I hope it wasn't to much for him seeing me like that!
All in all it was a good day, we laughed so much my 2 sis and I, something I really needed to do :)
Now I still don't know how to post pics on here, so I cant show you any, sowyyyyy :(
But...... I did ask my phriend Colleen to post one for me on the PH boards. And she said she would!
Well I hope you all have a wonderful day!
((((((HUGS)))))
Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cathy..the pics were cute ..I saw on the boards:))
What a great loving story...I can feel the love:))

Hugs,
Jen