Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mami and Grami move over

Today I had an appt to have a mamogram done. Since my sister was recently Dx with breast cancer. It was suggested to us that we go have one done. I hate having those done, the tech takes your boob one at a time lays it on a flat surface that goes up and down depending on your height. She moves your breast around and positions it then a thing comes down and squeezes it. Of course your boob gets stuck once she's done and needs to come and help up unstick it. Ok boob # 2 it's your turn. Well she takes about 4 pics of my BIG boobs! Finally over :)
Next I go across the building to get my monthly blood drawn another fun thing to do NOT!
By the time I'm all done its about lunch time and I'm starving ( I hardly eat nowadays but I am starving). We go to a mexican restuarant, where they are serving a buffet. Its really good. I know, I know many of you don't like buffets especially the ones in Vegas. But let me tell you this one is really good. They have hard shell tacos, enchiladas, chiles rellenos, meatball soup.. yummy, carne con chile verde, carne con chile colorado, shrimp in red sauce, plus the famous beans and rice. And then the salads, fruit and dessert. The reason I like to go there is that since I don't eat alot and I've gotten very picky. I can look at all they have and decide on something, serve myself a lil bit of diiferent items and go eat. I carefully taste them one at a time and If I like I eat it and if I dont I set it to the side and can go try something else. My husband was surprised that I actually ate pretty good.
We head off to the house now. Boy do I need a nap. Once we get there my husband recieves a call from his new brother-in-law. New because we recently had contact with my husbands 1/2 sister, which the last time he saw her she was about 5yrs old. Anyway he invites over to celebrate my husbands sisters B'day. Goshhhh I hate last minute invites, no gift, nothing! so I decide to take out my beads and in a few, I make her a crystal bracelet. And I was still able to take my nap :)
We are on our merry way to his sisters house, arrive around 6:30 pm. Right away they serve us, Hamburgers and HotDogs, well I pile the Hamburgers on my husbands plate, LOL and I eat 1/2 a hot dog. About an hour later they come out with a bowl of cheviche... yuck, and platters and platters of steamed shrimp. Now those I will have some of.... but I hate peeling them. They were yummy. They finaly cut the cake, I passed on it. Soon after that we left, and got home at 12:30.
I was tired and sleepy. Nite, nite for me :)

Today my son Jose, my daughter-law and kids are coming over to take Carlos and myself to breakfast. So I need to get ready. I will try to post later if not tomorrow.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Later all :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl you are a busy lady...
Oh, I do not eat ceviche either..Yuck...
I have not had a mammogram yet but heard it is no fun:(( Butglad you had it done..

Hope you had a great breakfast..That mexican buffet sounds yummy:))

Hugs and Love,
Jen

Colleen said...

Don't you just love the fact that, if we can't go out to get a last minute gift or we don't have money to do it, we can whip something up with our lovely beads?? Sadly, that doesn't work if it's for a boy. lol

I haven't had a mammogram done yet, but I'm a bit nervous when that time comes since I have no boobs! lol My mom told me she asked the tech once if they could do a mammy on a person with no chest, and the tech said "We can do them on a pea." LOL!! I guess I can't get out of it when I need one! haha! I hope your results come out just fine! :)
Hugs,
Colleen :)