Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Off I go

Yesterday I decided to take a stroll to Walmart. So I had my husband put on my wheelchair shade on my bike, LOL. I rub suntan lotion on my arms, face and head. Put on my hat, sunglasses, get my water ready and my sours candies. Can't leave home without those! And there I go. I'd say its about 8-9 blocks away from my house. YIKES! I've never timed myself but I say it takes me about 20 minutes one way. It is fun for me because I get out of the house. But I was sooooo HOT omg I actually had to stop and fuel up, LOL with water for myself because I ran out.
I got to Walmart, bought a few things, ate an earlier lunch. And off I go back to my house. I had to stop at every shade that was on the way. Even though I had my shade on it wasn't enough. Finally I got home to my A/C house, what a relief!
After that I was so tired that I had to take a lil nap. Then when my son got home he took me shopping :) He just loves that now, since he gets to drive. He sorta gets me nervous sometimes.
But he does well.
OK, off to fix me something for breakfast, I wasn't hungry earlier but now I am.
Until next time
Cathy

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds like you had a nice little adventure, but too bad it was soooo hooooot!! Not fun!

New drivers always make me nervous, hopefully you'll be ok after awhile, when your son has more practice! It's very nice that he'll take you places, though! :)
Hugs,
Colleen :)

Anonymous said...

Girl watch that heat on your bike ..LOL
Glad you got out..
I know what you mean about those teenagers making you nervous;)) Oh Kayla does pretty good but I do get nervous when she drives sometimes..but feels good to be driven around..

Take care
Love & Hugs,
Jen