Friday, August 22, 2008

Shop Shop Shop til you drop

Well, yesterday I ended up calling my 2 sisters to see if they would like to join me in some shopping at one of the outlet malls that we have over here. One already had plans and the other one said sure! I called my husband and asked him if he could come home and put up my wheelchair on the ramp, he is so sweet he said I'll be right there. So once im in the car ( I havent driven in almost a year now) and my wheelchair is secure and ready to go. Im on my way to meet my sister half way, her husband dropped her off. We jump on the freeway and there we go. Boy did it feel weird driving, and boy was I speeding, LOL
We got to our distination and we shopped til we dropped. After that we went and had a late lunch early supper, it was yummy. Chicken, ribs, baked beans, home fries, corn on the cob and a cornbread muffin and......lemonade :) Of course I took a few bites of everything and ended up bringing almost all of it home. My son enjoyed eating the rest though.

I took her back to where I picked her up so that her husband could meet her. We said our good-byes, we thanked each other for the wonderful enjoyable day.
I headed on home..... boy was I tired. I dont think I want to drive myself again, Im not ready for it yet.... maybe some day, but I do know that right now I'm not ready.
It was good to be home thats for sure :)
This is all for now..... have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy :))
Great job on the blog...
Sounds like a great time...
Speeding??LOL no tickets I hope..LOL

Dinner sounded yummy..

Love & Hugs,
Jen

Colleen said...

Sounds like you and your sister had a wonderful time! I was laughing at the part where you said "boy was I speeding." LOL I think I'd have a "heavy foot" if I hadn't driven in over a year! I'm glad you got to go out and enjoyed yourself!
Hugs,
Colleen :)