Wednesday, November 26, 2008

50 yrs old and Happy to be alive!

On Tuesday, November 25th I turned 50yrs old. Now when I was younger, I always thought that 30 was over the hill. I learned that it wasn't, then I dreaded turning 40yrs old. But I lived with it and I was worried about getting old. I always told my kids that I did not want to end up in a old peeps home. That they better not ever put me there.
Well then came PH and I honestly thought that I would not live to be 50yrs old. I thought that I was not going to make it through another year. But here I am 50 and still breathing, sometimes a lil hard to breathe, but I am here, happy and proud to be a 5oyr old.
Now one day in chat a phriend, Marcia was commenting about getting old, she recently had a B'day also. So I told her we are not getting old, just beautiful by the minute! So when ever you feel like you are getting old.... just think of what I told her, ok?
On Saturday, Nov, 22nd I had my B'day party. I had a magnificent time, it was just awesome. I did drink one margarita got a lil typsy and was about to pour me another one. But someone was taking pictures of me doing it, so I decided to just not drink it, LOL. Just in case Imelda wants to blackmail me with that pic, LOL. Imelda is another phriend.
We celebrated from Saturday until Tuesday. Here are the pics!

Photobucket My daughter Mercedes, my son Carlos in back of me, my son Jose, and Me.


Photobucket ME!!!, LOL

Photobucket Me again!!

Photobucket On bench, my sisters Maria and Martha, in back my sisters Peregrina and Irene, and on wheelie me. Taken at Olvera Street in Los Angeles, CA. A famous alley type place with all kinds of venders selling things made in Mexico and lots of Mexican Resturants. They also play live music in the Plazita, were you can sit and listen to the music or you can dance away!

Photobucket On bench, my niece Debbie, her mom Graciela, my sisters Maria and Martha. In back my brother Ramon, my brother Francisco, my sister Irene, her husband Carlos, my hubby Juan and then Me :) At Olvera Street



Photobucket This is a life size Nativity Scene, that is located in the Plazita at Olvera Street.

Photobucket This is for JenC, she asked me to get the name of a whole in the wall corner place. Famous for it's rolled Taquitos served with guacamole sauce. I knew I would forget the name of it. So I just too a pic! It's called Cielito Lindo! Also located in Olvera St.


Photobucket This is a bracelet that I made for myself on my brithday so that I could wear that day. It is red and gold crystals with gold rondelles.

Photobucket A friend of ours John, and my hubby Juan.

Photobucket A vase with beautiful carnations from my phriend Jen. She had them delivered. Thank-you sooooo much Jen :)

Photobucket Me agian holding the ballons that my sons drew for me :)

Ok, I think these are enough pictures, LOL. I have had I think the best birthday ever! Thanks to all my family, friends, phamily and phriends! I do not regret one bit being 5oyrs old and beautiful!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving :) Don't eat to much! Yeah right!!

((((((HUGS))))))



2 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh Cathy, your birthday celebration sounded like a wonderful time!! I love the pictures, especially the one with your children (including your daughter!!), and the one with your sisters! Oh yeah, and the bracelet!! It's just beautiful! I'm so glad you had a great birthday, and I wish you sooooo many more to come!!
Hugs,
Colleen :)

Anonymous said...

Cathy..Sounds like you had a great time..I am glad it was so much fun..It was a special day:))

OMG..only one Rita?? What about mine??LOL..Ok Imelda was taking pics..LOL

Thx for all the pics..It was weird that my Motherinlaw and I were just talking about Alvera Street before you called..Man, those taquitos are so yummy..
I am so happy that ALL your kids were there and family and friends..

I will see you soon:))))

Take care and rest up this week..

Love & Hugs,
Jen