Sunday, November 9, 2008

Vicente Fernandez Concert

PhotobucketOn Friday Nov. 07 my sister Martha and I went to a concert.
Photobucket These 2 pics were taken in the sitting area of the Gibson Ampitheather, right before the concert started.
Way long before I was even ill. I would tell my kids and my husband that before I passed I wanted to go see 3 of my favorite artist perform live. Vicente Fernandez is one of them. Now you really would have to be into latin music, especially rancheras and with mariachi. To understand what I am talking about. He is one of the most famous singers of ranchera music along with his mariachi. Well I fianlly got to go see him sing in person. It was chido=awesome, LOL. Both my sister Martha and I enjoyed it very much.
Satuarday Nov 8th was my husbands B'day, We didn't celebrate because we had a 16th b'day celebration for his neice that we were invited to. It was very nice. I drank a lil Margarita :) with lots of salt and lemon! It was yummy and I almost drank another one, but the first one had already gotten to me. So I had to let it pass :(
My husband and his brother both took turns dancing with his long lost half sister. My husband dances so funny, I was LMAO. It looked like he wanted to box! LOL We all had a good time. And before we left my brother in law request the maƱanitas for my husbands b'day. MaƱanitas is the mexican version of a Happy Birthday song. All in all it was fun!
PH and having fun... As along as you don't over do it ( ejemmm... sometimes we forget not to, though, LOL)
We can all have fun even if we have PH. We do have to limit ourselfs. But we all need to laugh and be happy and once in a BIG while we can actually forget about this terrible illness and have LOTS OF FUN!
Please do enjoy your Sunday :)

(((((HUGS))))))

8 comments:

Nancy said...

How wonderful that one of your desires was fulfilled. Latin music is full of fun and laugher.

Anonymous said...

Wow..Sounds like a great time and I missed out?Ehhhh...LOL

Glad you were able to go..I listen to that music sometimes especially if Manny is cooking or cleaning..Pre PH I loved dancing to all that Latin music..Cumbias etc:))

Tell Juancho Feliz Compleanos:))

Man are all your Bdays close?? Seems the whole family had Bdays in the last few months??LOL
Take care..Hope you thought of me with that Margarita??Sounds so good;))
Take care and rest up...
Love & Hugs,
Jen

Colleen said...

It sounds like you had a great, fun-filled weekend! You're right, we do need to have fun, even when dealing with PH!! And I'm glad you did!!

Hugs,
Colleen :)

Teddybear said...

Cathy I am so happy that you got to go to the one of your dreams - the Vicente Fernandez Concert. Sounds like you had a great time.

What a joy to know we still can have fun with PH, the Birthday celebration was a blast. Love your laughter.

ali said...

What a happy pair you look like! Sounds like a blast!

baby_doll007 said...

That is great Cathy. I am happy you are doing that which makes you happy. You deserve it. My mom and I love Vicente Fernandez. I saw him once in Mexico when I was younger. I don't listen to spanish music very often, but when I do Vicente Fernandez is one of my favorite to listen too. I like going to the "Pancho Villas" Restaurant and watching the Mariachi Sol De Mexico there. Only I don't remember at which one of their restaurant they play at. Hope you are doing well. Talk to you soon. :)

Becoming Catholic said...

Good for you :)

Vicente Fernandez said...

I'm a big Vicente Fernandez fan. It Sounds like you had such a great time.