Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Mercedes!

Photobucket
Today is my daughter's Birthday. Yesterday evening I was an emotional wreck. I knew I had to decide whether to go with my stubborn brian or my soft heart. I decided to go with my heart. My husband was sitting with me at the table and I asked him if he would take me to Pomona to the Hospital where my daughter works. He asked me why? I told him tomorrow is her birthday and I want to take her some flowers. Well after him joking around with me (like always) he said yes. He then went into the living room to watch the news and I stayed at the table. I was working on a necklace for my sister.
My phone rings. I didn't recognize the number, but I answered it anyway. It was my daughter she said she called me to give me her new phone number. Oh my!! I tried very hard to hold back the tears, of course I couldn't. She tells me don't cry mom. She asked me if I was going to be here at my house on Saturday because she wanted to come over and visit. I told her I wasn't sure what time because I had a concert on Friday. She said ok let me know, mom. I said it ok. We said out goodbyes and hung up. My husband asked me who it was and I told him. And he asked me do you feel better and happy now? I had a grin and said yes :).
So today we went for a late breakfast and he took me to her work and I took her some flowers, a card and a bracelet that I had made for her awhile back. It was purple her favorite color. I called her when we got there and asked her if she could come down, that I was in the waiting area. She came down, she gave me a BIG HUG and a kiss. I wished her Happy Birthday and we talked for a while. She had to go back to work, but before she left asked me if we wanted to join them for dinner at Red Lobster. I told her that we had a few errands to run and that if we got back in time we would go. We are back! So it looks like we are having dinner at Red Lobster :)
I am so happy that she called me and that we are talking. Thanks friends for all your support and good advice :)


Photobucket BTW, I voted early this am!

Thanks for reading

(((((HUGS))))))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG..I hope you have a wonderful dinner:))
I am so happy for you..tears are starting...wow I hope and pray this is the start of a new relationship with you two..remember, baby steps...this is a hug step for you both:)))))))))

Take care and enjoy:))

Love & Hugs,
Jen

Nancy said...

Prayers are answered in the right time.

I am so happy for you.

Blessing, Nancy

Wendy's Mom said...

Oh Cathy!! I am so very happy that your daughter called you last night, and that you saw her today. Please let us know how your dinner with. I just hope and pray that this is finally the turning point in your life with her! I know how much you really love her!

Love,
Sheila

Colleen said...

Oh Cathy, I am really happy for you, and hoping this is a start for a new relationship with your daughter!! I know how much it really means to you to have her in your life. I hope you had a great dinner! Can't wait to hear about it!!!

Hugs,
Colleen :)