Tuesday, November 18, 2008

PH and PHriends

PhotobucketToday is the official day. November 18th, 2008 ~ Pulmonary Hypertension Awareness Day.
I hadn't really thought about what I was going to write about. I was not worried though, because I knew I would think of something. Well I've known for a few days what it is that I wanting so badly to write about. And today the official day would be just perfect.
I want to talk about PHriends. I think I have ALOT more phriends now then what I have ever had before. You see my phriends are very special to me. I have gotten really close to alot of them. Especially the ones from chat. I feel that we have gotten really close and I hope it stays that way. My phriends relate to me as I can relate to them, you see we have something in common and that is PH. I can cry and complain to them about my ups and downs dealing with PH and there is always an answer for me from one or all of them. We pray for each other, we give each other, LOVE, SUPPORT, and HOPE! We also have lots of laughs and good times in chat. We talk about food, liquor and ????.... Lemons!! LOL. Chat isn't just talking about PH, yes we do discuss it. And we all try to answer questions as good as possible ( im not a real good answerer) But I do try. We always welcome newbies and we bomb-bard them with all kinds of questions. We try to make them feel right at home.

Photobucket This is one of my special, special phriends. He is my buddy Mason! He is 20 yrs young. I met Mason a little over 2 years ago in the PH chat room. At that time Mason was living out here in Calif. a few miles from me. I remember he asked me in chat one evening if I was planning on going to the next PH Support Group Meeting in our area and I told him that I had been wanting to go, but had not made it. He told me that I should go, so...... in Oct. of 2006, I went to my first meeting and that's where I met Mason in person. I remember he was so shy. He had the cutest smile on his face. As soon as I saw him I knew it was him... He had not yet posted his pic on the message boards. So I had no idea what he looked like. But I knew. I remember I went up to him and I introduced myself to Mason, and also introduced my son Carlos. That was the beginning of a good phriendship. Mason had a Tx a little over 2 years ago. And right now my buddy is not doing well. He is in ICU at a local hospital here in Calif. He is intubated and sedated. We get updates on our buddy Mason, through another phriend Colleen. She is wonderful she is our hunter when someone is MIA. She will go out of her way and does even the imposible to try to find out how the rest of us are doing. TY Colleen for all that you do for us.
Everyone is worried about Mason right now, but everyone is showering him with positive good thoughts and prayers. This has been very hard on me and my other phriends.
I am asking in Mason's name to please, please take some time out and pray for him and if you don't pray that's ok, send him positive thoughts. I know that he will feel all our love and support, he will pull through. He is a FIGHTER!!
I pray that GOD will help Mason pull through. GOD has his reasons for doing what he does. But I have been begging GOD to please place his healing hands over Mason and help him!
Again, when you have a moment of time... it only takes a few seconds to ask our LORD to make Mason well.
Thank-you

5 comments:

Teddybear said...

I am awed by what you wrote. You did good, I am glad you were able to meet Mason personally. I am praying as well he recovers from this soon. He truly needs a touch from God. Love Ya Deb

Anonymous said...

Wow..I know Cathy..You PHriends are such an important part of my life..and when in chat we learn so much about each other..

Great pic of Mason..what happened to you? you cut you out??..I know I am keeping Mason in my prayers..I know he has a long road ahead of him..he is a strong guy and such a fighter...I know that and have not even met him in person YET..

Take care..What a great blog:))

Love & Hugs,
Jen

Cathy said...

LOL, Jen
Yes I cut me out :)
I didn't know what other pic to put, so I cropped it, LOL

Annette said...

I'm loving reading everyone's blogs and stories today! How very, very cool!
Annette

Colleen said...

Well crap, Cathy, you made me all teary-eyed! I can't help but be a hunter and find out what is going on with phriends. You all mean a lot to me!!

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the pic of Mason. I miss him soooo much. I know we all do. I continue to pray for him!!

And thank you for being such a great phriend!
Hugs,
Colleen :)