Monday, November 3, 2008

PH and Driving

Photobucket
I haven't driven much since I have been on my wheelchair. If I do go somewhere I need to have someone put up my wheelie and someone to get it down for me once I'm at my destination. So if I have no one I don't drive anywhere.
Well, today I had an appt. to go get my license renewed. I was just going to go get fingerprinted and have an eye test. YIKES! I was so scared that I wasn't going to pass my eye test. I know I need glasses. But my COBRA Ins is messed up right now so I have no dental and vision.
So there I went to my appt. My husband took me. I almost didn't pass it. My right eye doesn't see very well and the letters where blurry. I DMV guy asked me if I was having trouble with my right eye and I answered a little bit. He asked me to go around the corner to this eye machine and he had me read the letters. At one point I had to squint in order to see the letters but... I passed it!
Now what is the point or big deal of having a driver's license if I do not drive? Well... you see I feel a little bit less disabled if I do have one. And I feel that PH has not completely won! I hope that some day I will be able to drive again like I used to. I hope that some day I will not have to count on anyone for help and I hope that day will come soon. PH will not take certain things away from me.
That's why my license is important to me :)
Have a great day

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Cathy..it is important to kepp any independence we can..Driving is important top us and I hope you can drive again soon..

Congrats on passing the eye exam:))

Take care

Love and hugs,
Jen
See ya in chat later

Nancy said...

Congratulations of passing your exam and getting your license.

Even if you don't drive much, it is good to have a photo ID for other things.

Who knows, you may get carded at a local pub and need to show your ID.

Colleen said...

LOL! I agree with Nancy!!

Congrats!!

The Truth said...

I think it's because you want to enter the Indy 500.

I think you have a little bit of that in you.

Teddybear said...

Great job on squinting to pass the test. We still need that little independence to keep going. I'm only driving once in a while, but it sure beats not having a license at all.

Cathy said...

Admiral!! Shhhhhhhhhhh

I didn't want anyone to know about the Indy 500, LOL