Sunday, November 2, 2008

November is PH Awarness Month

Photobucket

I am going to try to post at least once a week on Pulomnary Hypertension. Today though I thought I would start with posting a Poem that I wrote a few years back. When I was recently DX with Pulmonary Hypertension. I never did write a title for it. Here it is.... Kinda sad, so I apologize in advance.






You came into our lives when we least expected it.
Because of you we are weak, unable to speak.
You are such a threat.
Our hearts throb and we even sigh!
But... it's not because we love you.
We are just trying to catch up to our breath.
We think of you night and day.
We wish you would go away!
We're stuck with you no matter what.
If you only knew the pain you have brought,
You are not innocent or pure.
Right now there is no cure....
But we will not give up hope you see,
One day a cure will come.
Just as easy as you came into our lives,
you will always come.
But you will not stay.
And we all hope and pray for that day!
"Dedicated"
"To all of us who are dealing with this terrible disease"
Catalina Lomeli
July 8, 2006
Photobucket

3 comments:

Teddybear said...

Cathy you left me in tears. How true your poem is, I wish I could write as well as you.

Anonymous said...

Wow..Cathy...that is so true...
Yes sad but can very much relate..Thx...

Take care

Love & Hugs,
Jen

Colleen said...

What a sad but beautiful poem, my friend. I sure hope one day there will be a cure, and you'll have to write a much happier poem about PH then!!

Hugs,
Colleen :)