Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lemons and salt, I just gotta have them!

Photobucket Image HostingYes, me and lemons and salt, have become real good buddies now. I just have to have them. I am cutting back on them but once in a while I have to have aleast half of one. And any other sour thing that I can come accross. Weird right'? Well maybe not. I just got off the phone with a phriend from our support group meeting and she tells me she is the same way. She is into the sour thingys like me :). Wow I was surprised. Here I thought I was the only weirdo having these cravings.
Ok, she tells me she doesnt eat, she has no appetite, food grosses her out! And guess what? It's the same with me. She has nausea and diarrhea. Yeap me too. She said she told her Dr about the sour cravings and he told her it was because of the meds. And of course some of the side effects of Remodulin are diarrhea and no appetite. She is on SubQ. It was a nice phone chat and we laughed as we told each other, ME TOO!! LOL
Well I have never mentioned it to Dr. C. I always forget, but I wrote it down so I will not forget and see what he tells me. Hopefully I won't forget to take my notes out when I go see him :)
Another note I am worried about my phriends, JenC and SheilaB from Texas. They posted that they have to evacuate. I did try calling JenC but the call would not go through. I don't know it it's because of the Hurricane. I pray that they are safe and out of the path of the hurricane.

(((((HUGS)))))))

3 comments:

ali said...

Hey Cathy,
I don't know why I didn't mention this before. But you may be craving the lemons when you need more potassium. I occured to me when reading your lasix post. Lemons are very high potassium food. here's a link for you http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/food/lemon.html

ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen said...

Aren't you glad Ali is around?? Maybé she is right! hehe It's cool talking to someone who is experiencing the same things you are! So you know you really aren't crazy! lol

By the way, I love how you are adding pictures. They are good!
Hugs,
Colleen :)