Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Emotional Roller Coaster

PhotobucketLately I have been with ups and downs, feels like I'm riding a roller coaster. And let me tell I DON'T like roller coasters real or emotional!
Well you see my husband is going to Mexico, he has not been there since 2000. His mom is about 73 yrs old. They are not close but still it's his mom. First he said he would fly, then he said he would take this car, then that car (an old truck that I felt would not make it. So then I suggested the Envoy that we have up for sale. He said yes, I was sorta relieved even though that would mean I would loose out on the AD where I have it posted for sale... Oh, well at least I would be at ease knowing the car would not konk out on him. Ok then he changed his mind again and said no, not the envoy but another truck that we have, but we needed to fix the A/C on it. And he would leave that truck over there in Mexico, for when we went we could fly and not worry about a rental. We both agreed. Then he changed his mind again and said it would be to much to fix the truck right now and since we are trying to buy another house he said he would fly. I got all the flight info for him but I didn't make the reservation. I told him the details and he said ok make the reservation. I didn't make it right away, because we were on our way out. So I told him I would make it when we came back. Well that same day he was out cleaning out the garage.( thats the day that I got upset at him and he ended up taking me to SONIC :) Anyway I went to see what he was doing and he tells me, you know what I changed my mind, I'm going to fix the truck and take it after all. I just blew it! I told him, "You know what, don't tell me your plans anymore. You change your mind from one minute to another, your driving me crazy, do what you want" I went inside.
GRRRRRRRRRR I was soooooo upset!
Well after all that, I convienced him to go by plane and he said ok. I made sure he went and bought the tickets, before he changed his mind again.
Now, I've been crying and crying. Don't get me wrong I am happy that he is going. But, I am so used to him being around. I am afraid of him leaving me alone for six weeks, yes 6 weeks.
He takes such good care of me, he does everything for me. Yes, my son Carlos drives but it's not the same. My husband has me so spoiled that at night when I throw the covers off of me, he will wake up to make sure I am covered and that I am not cold. He spoils me and most of all like I said he takes care of me.
When he sees me crying he knows why I am crying and he tells me not to worry that he might not even stay over there all 6 weeks. But I know he will.
So you see I have been riding this emotional roller coaster up and down. He leaves this Thursday evening. So phriends if you don't see me in chat, it might be that I am just not up to it ok :)

Thanks for reading
(((((((HUGS)))))))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cathy...
I know what you mean..I would freak out if Manny left for 6 weeks..I know I am grown and have Kayla..but ..Yes..he spoils me and he knows what to do..It is just that feeling of having him close by..I mean when I am really feeling bad..it is not Mom I want..It is him..So I know what you mean..also I would like to choke him somedays...sure thats what you wanted to do after he kept changing his mind...LOL

Please do not stay in and to yourself all depressed these next few weeks..we are here for you..call me if you need to or email anytime...

I see where you get that emotional roller coaster...It will all work out ;)) I would be a mess too..

Love & Hugs,
Jen

Colleen said...

I hope that you will be alright while your hubby is gone. It's hard to be without someone, especially if they help you so much! But stay strong, and hopefully the time will fly by!

In the meantime, I agree with Jen, keep your spirits up while he is gone. Talk to us, call Jen, I can give you my number if you want. Just stay active as much as you can (you know how that goes with PH lol), and keep your mind busy!!

Hugs,
Colleen :)

Wendy's Mom said...

Cathy,

I understand what you are saying so much.
Even though John can be a pain in the butt, he is also the one that is taking care of me. I often think about what would happen to me if something was to happen to him.
Hey I freak out when he talks about being gone for a day or 2 so I know for sure I would freak over 6 weeks. Maybe he will not stay that long because he will worry about you while he is there.

You know that we all love you and as Jen and Colleen say, you can call or write us anytime.

Love,
Sheila