Saturday, September 6, 2008

Let's go to the fair!

Photobucket




I was at home when I get a phone call from my sister Martha. She asked me are you going to the fair? I said nooooo I don't think so. She tells me, no one invited you ha? I said no. She said well.... Do you want to go? I said yeah but who's going to help me with my chair. She usually does when we go places together. But I didn't want her helping because she is getting shots for low white cell count, that and the chemo really de-energize, LOL her. She tells me Diana (her daughter) is going and she can help with your chair. I said yupppieeeeee, LOL. My husband was walking out the door to go to work. And I asked him you wouldn't want to go to the fair also? You see they have horse races at the fair also and that's what he loves. So he said yes! I took a quick shower and off we went and we were to meet my sis and my niece over there. On our way over there, while on the freeway we saw a car on the side of the road and a older man walking up ahead. I said to my husband, poor guy he has to walk a longways. My hubby tells me should we go back and give him a ride? I said yeah. So we go off the freeway turned went back the other way, go off again and went back the way towards the man. He pulled over I asked him if he needed a ride, And he said yes. Poor guy was sweating alot! He took him to the nearest gas station, he bought a fuel tank, filled it up and we took him back to his car. My husband had to help him put the gas in his car because the man was having trouble doing it. We waited until he started his car and off we went to the fairWe finally got there and my sister was also pulling up at the same time into the parking lot. She rented a scooter. My husband went his way to the horse races and off we went our way to the exhibits. Boy was there alot of people. You see opening day is only ONE DOLLAR! per person. So you can imagine how packed it was. Later we had lunch and then continued with the exhibits. It was a fun day for us, very hot day but it was fun! We finally were so tired that we decided to leave. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.I was so tired that I went to bed early. And of course got up earlier, LOL Well I guess this is it for now. Have a great weekend :)
(((((((HUGS))))))))
Cathy

3 comments:

Colleen said...

How kind of you and your hubby to stop and help that man! I am sure he really appreciated it. :) It sounds like you had fun at the faire! I went to one this weekend, too, and it was a good time! :)
Hugs,
Colleen :)

ali said...

Sounds like a fabulus time. It is so nice to hear that yáll were willing to stop. I have needed that help as well as given it before and it is amazing how many people don't stop. Bless you...ali

Anonymous said...

I know most folks will not stop to help anymore..Manny always tries to stop and help the folks out..especially if they are older...You are angels;))

Pomona Fair??? Hope you enjoyed it:))
Take care...

Love & hugs,
Jen