Monday, September 29, 2008

Received email from my daughter

Photobucket This is my daughter Mercedes. Today I got a surprise from her. I came home from the store and like always I came into the PC room to check my emials and the PH boards. I had an email from my daughter. It was short but it was good to hear from her.
These were her exact words..... Hi mom, how are you doing and feeling? The boys want to know if you are doing anything for Carlos’ b-day?

Thank you
Mercedes Martin
This was my response.......Hi Mercedes,
I am trying to deal with my illness one day at a time. I have alot of side effects, that include nausea and chorro. I have no appetite sometimes and so far I've lost since Feb about 40 lbs. Thanks for asking. I will have a burger cookout, lil bit of meat for those that don't eat burgers and also cake. This will be on Sunday, Oct 5th anytime after 12pm. But I really need to know how many will come.
Mom
Did I give her to much info on how I am feeling? Maybe I sounded to short? I just don't want her to hurt me anymore. I have to be strong.... I am hoping the boys will come. I know she won't come she will probably just drop them off. But that's ok... I can deal with that.... It's a start right?
I want to thank all my phriends from chat that have supported me and been there for me, since I opened up and told them about my daughter. I was keeping all this inside of me for a long time and I was glad to share this with them and have there support :)
Hope you all have a good night :)
((((HUGS)))))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy:)
You are so right ..it is a start..I think your reply was great..Just like with PH..take this one day at a time...I know it just felt good for you to hear from her..just that email shows she DOES care:))..Hope this is just the beginning of a new relatioship with Mercedes..BTW..she is beautiful...she must get it from her Mama..:))

Have a great day..

Love & Hugs,
Jen

Colleen said...

First of all, Cathy, I am glad that you shared your feelings and everything about your daughter. It is hard to keep that all inside and try to deal with it yourself. Opening up about it really does help!

I think your reply to her was good. You didn't to into that many details, but you at least let her know you are dealing with PH as best you can. I hope one day she can start coming to you more often, but this is a baby step. She might need to take a whole lotta baby steps, but at least it's a start somewhere!

Hugs,
Colleen :)