Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Carlos!

PhotobucketA few of my phriends from chat have been asking questions about my son Carlos' Birthday Celebration on Sunday October 5th. I told them that I wanted to wait for the pics that we took. But my eldest son Jose took the camera home and he has not brought it back.
So I guess pic will have to be posted at a later date.
I got up at 5am. I've been doing that lately, I just can't sleep. I started cooking. I got Carlos up at 9am, he got ready and we went to pick-up his cake at Sam's Club. It wasn't ready! Second time that's happened. I asked to speak to the manager and I asked her. "What is the point of the bakery personnel asking us what time we want the cake if it's not going to be ready when we request it? I also told her the last time I ordered a cake from here I was late to a meeting, because the cake was not ready. Well she gave me her apologies and reduced the price of the cake to 1/2 the original cost. That went very well!
OK we get home, my neighbor came and helped me with the rest, dice up veggies, prepare the meat, mix this and mix that. My eldest arrived and started up the BBQ grill. And soon he was grilling.
My daughter did show up with the boys! It was emotional for me. She gave me a BIG hug and I could not hold back the tears. (I even made my neighbor cry). We talked a bit we ate, she stayed a few hours then she left. She said she had to go somewhere else to go. Well at least I got to see her those few hours.
More people showed up everyone ate.. boyyy can my son's friends eat! I mean all they wanted was burgers and carne asada.... NO BEANS, NO SALAD, NO TORTILLAS! Wowww it was scary how they were eating. I ended up sending my son back to the store for more meat and more buns, LOL But that was ok.... at least my son had a good time!
Ok, ok, now the girlfriend part. My son Jose, his wife and my son Carlos went to pick her up. She is very petite. She was sorta of quite and I would ask her things and she would say I dunnooo and would say to my son, Carlos what is the right answer? LOL. I think I embarressed her. One of the times that I asked her we were picking up trash, me in my wheelie and with my grabber in hand. I asked her do you want to feel right at home ? Cause if you do come on, you are going to help me pick up trash! :) I'm mean huh? LOL I got a kick out of asking her that, she got embarressed. And I asked her do you know spanish, she says I understand a little but I dont speak it. Well..... I told her here you have to learn it! 'She just started laughing.
She was ok... I mean what can I say first time I met her. My son asked me what I thought of her, I told him well she seems nice but I have to get to konw her more. He was ok with that.
So that's it my phriends, we all had a good time. Of course I was pooped by the ended of the day. Because even though I am stuck in my wheelie I try to do as much as possible and I do get tired.
Well it's 6:27 am here the sun is coming up and I need to get ready to take a stroll in my wheelie down to the supermarket :)
You all have a wpnderful day!
(((((HUGS))))))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy...
I am so Happy that Mercedes and the kids showed up :)) I know that mede me tear up knowing how much that meant to you..

Sounds like a great party..You welcomed the Girlfriend in the family the right way..keep her busy..LOL..Is she a Gringa?lol no spanish??

I know about the teens boys..Man, when Kayla has friends over the boys will eat everything and so fast so I usually have to make a plate and save me some.LOL

Will be waiting for the pics..

Take care..

Love & Hugs,
Jen

Colleen said...

I got a little teary reading about your daughter being there!! I am happy she stayed for a bit, and you got to talk to her. Baby steps!!

The party sounded really fun, and I'm sure your son had a great time! Everything sounded so yummy, do you have leftovers?? Oh wait, by the sounds of it, I am thinking no! haha

Hugs,
Colleen :)

Wendy's Mom said...

Cathy,

Ahhh I am so happy that your daughter came and stayed for a couple of hours. That is so much better than just a few minutes. Hey it is okay to cry. At least she knew how much it meant to you to see her, and that she needed to be reminded of. I really hope she will start coming around more.

Glad your son had a great time even if his friends did eat you out of house and home. LOL!! Just kidding! I know how them teenagers can eat though! Heck I have one that can out eat most teenagers and he is an old folk. LOL!!

Love,
Sheila